Friday 16 January 2009

crónica de una muerte anunciada...

Two weeks ago (when I walked out onto the balcony, defying the bloody cold, to test the wind-up enviromentally-friendly torch I'd gotten for Xmas) I saw my daisy plant as pictured and thought: "Oh wow, cool! Ice droplets on the leaves, let's pick up the camera!"

However, a weekend later, as the country froze over and I ventured it out there again (just befo
re leaving for an outdoors ice-skating day - more about that soon), what I found was a much less pretty sight... the daisy had gone into what can only be described as Incredible Hulk Mode.

I'm not sure she's coming back, I think we've lost her forever. I should have seen it coming but hey, I'm obviously not very good at this domesticity lark... la margarita is dead, long live la margarita!! (whoopsie daisy, indeed!)

Note: "Crónica de una muerte anunciada" or "Chronicle of a Death Foretold" as in Gabriel García Márquez's novella.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what's that I hear (read rather)?