Sunday 8 March 2009

make way, pushing through (with a passion)!

Oh well, it appears I needn't have feared about premature bulb activity in the balcony! As it happens, it is not only fine, but actually "of course it is the time it should be happening blah, blah, blah, how silly of you, woman, blah blah blah..."

However, the white-haired red-faced beret-sporting man that sold them to me at the market, back in November, clearly said early to mid spring. I scribbled all info down on the little crumpled brown bags I put the dry and shrivelled mini bulbs in (three different sorts of lump, three different bags) and they were all supposed to bloom from early to mid spring.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but it's still bloody cold and spring officially starts on 21st March,
aiiii? Well, then!!!

This was taken about ten days ago, on a rainy and gloomy day but they, all the same, kept stubbornly pushing through. The below were taken just about 40 mins ago.

I suspect I may have gone a bit wild an ambitious with the three layers of bulbs at three different depths idea and all... Now I'm not any longer afraid they're going to freeze and die; I'm more concerned about the cram-full pot and a possible survival-of-the-fittest-green-massacre-situation!

Sometimes you just can't win, can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

what's that I hear (read rather)?